Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
36%
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
21%
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Share | 

Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BB dancer
Scanning the shelves
Scanning the shelves

Favorite book genre : Fantasy, realistic fiction, some science fiction
Currently Reading : The Awakening
Favorite Book(s) : Airhead, Mediator Series, Vampire Academy, Blue bloods

PostSubject: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 pm

The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can’t seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse -- Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy’s mom finds out, she knows it’s time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he’ll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends -- one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena -- Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.
The Sea of Monsters
Spoiler:

The Titan's Curse
Spoiler:

Battle of the Labryinth
Spoiler:

The Last Olympian

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

Favorite book genre : horror and ficton
Currently Reading : witchfinder dawn of the demontide by william hussey
Favorite Book(s) : darkest power series morganville vampires house of night

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:59 pm

im 20 and have read them all even though i knew they were meant for youngher readers i still gave them a try and to my amazment i loved them packed with action and fun charters Smile

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx
Involved in an ancient battle between immortals and the fallen for Hush, Hush

Favorite book genre : Historical fiction and fantasy.
Currently Reading : The Hunger Games
Favorite Book(s) : HARRY POTTER!! hehe. The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, the Luxe series by Ana Godbersen, any books by Philippa Gregory, Phantom by Susan Kay, The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tamora Pierce books (I've read all the Tortall ones and I just started the Circle of Magic series). There's more, but I can't think of them :].

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm

I love these books Smile. They're really good, even if they are meant for kids XD. My favourite character out of all the books was Artemis :]. She was amazing and she's my favourite god now hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net~ShoutinaWhisper
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

Favorite Book(s) : HARRY POTTER!! hehe. The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, the Luxe series by Ana Godbersen, any books by Philippa Gregory, Phantom by Susan Kay, The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tamora Pierce books (I've read all the Tortall ones and I just started the Circle of Magic series). There's more, but I can't think of them :].

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Ahhh I don't know how to do the spoiler things soo..

*****SPOILERS!!!*****

I loooove Hermes and his snakes XD. They're so funny and adorable, for snakes, that is. And omg, Luke was one of my favourite characters (he still is) and then he turned evil and I was like NOOOO!! T-T But it's play now Smile. Have you finished the whole series?

*****SPOILERS END HERE Smile*****
Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm

i have read all five that are up but i think his writting more so thank heaven lol to do spoiler click on others and go down to spoilers the write better the two spoilers that well appear on you writting space
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Ahhh thanks Smile. Hmmmm... I think there's like 6 or 7?? A new one just came out and it's the last one *nodsnods*. But I've read all of them. I only have the 2nd and 3rd though. I checked the rest of them out from the library cause I have no money XD.

But....

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Could you tell me what the last books are called thanks when i know im gonna put them on my xmas list lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Haha there are only 5 I was wrong XP. And the last one is 'The Last Olympian' Smile.
Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

noo that means i have read them all i had not idea that was the last one im sooo sad that there well be no more thank for the chat if you like add me on face book im under annmarie ager and my profile pic is of me and my little daughter sky so you can miss me lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Awww, I'm sorry I confused you >.<. And okay Smile. My name is Cammi Mallard, btw.
Back to top Go down
BB dancer
Scanning the shelves
Scanning the shelves

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Yes! I just finished the last one today and it was awesome!!!!

Yes! Tyson is hilarious. He always makes me smile! I'm glad him and Percy are brothers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 am

I think percy and tyson were a good match thank you bb dancer for adding this serise

and hiiii cammi what a lovely name

i woulder what the aurther well write next
cant wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Awww Tyson is adorable XDD hehe. And, yes, thank yooou Smile.

Awww you're name is really pretty as well. I looove that name hehe.

Hmmm... I know there's this book that has like "interviews" with the characters and such.
Back to top Go down
BB dancer
Scanning the shelves
Scanning the shelves

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Your welcome! And don't worry it's too awesome of a series not to put up Very Happy

I think he wrote 1 book. It was like 39 Clues or something and the first book in a series written by some other authors too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Hmmm... I remember when I searched for him on, like, google or something, it had some other books. I think he has another series... maybe.... I'm not sure XD.
Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:23 pm

i can beleave the film will be out in 2010 yay cant wait to watch the first one on the big sceen Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxcrystallxx

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I knoooooow!! It's coming out in Feburary here. On Presidents Day Smile.
Back to top Go down
Emi Em~~*
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Favorite book genre : Fantasy
Currently Reading : the Edda
Favorite Book(s) : Southern Vampires Series

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 pm

i cant wait!

~*~ "Be Amazing okay?" ~*~
Bow Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mandi
Max Ride
Max Ride

Favorite book genre : Fantasy, Fiction, Supernatural, Romance etc.
Currently Reading : Eat Pray Love, Just Listen, Ghostgirl: Homecoming
Favorite Book(s) : Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, House of Night Series, The Hunger Games Series, White Cat

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Stay on topic guys, a book's movie is to be talked about in its respective topic in the section Books to Movies, not here in the topic for the Book Series.

|__
/...\
There is a difference between Beauty and True Beauty. Beauty is visual, vanity. True Beauty is felt, with the heart. It fills you in ways you never thought it would.
Ride Horse <-- Best Smiley EVER

Horse brush created by me.
Other brushes courtesy of www.obsidiandawn.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shadowimagedesigns.webs.com
softballvamp
Bookless
Bookless

Favorite book genre : Fiction
Currently Reading : Percey Jackson series
Favorite Book(s) : Evernight

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:33 pm

My favorite charater is Annabeth. I don't really know why but I've always liked her. Athena is little scary thought. Why does she hate Percy so much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan   

Back to top Go down

Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Young Adult Book Club :: The Library :: Book Series-
Jump to: