Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
36%
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
21%
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Share | 

The Lovely Bones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostThe Lovely Bones

The Story of a life and everything that came after.
The Lovely Bones
by
Alice Sebold

When we first meet 14-year-old Susie Salmon, she is already in heaven. This was before milk carton photos and public service announcements, she tells us; back in 1973, when Susie mysteriously disappeared, people still believed these things didn't happen. In the sweet, untroubled voice of a precocious teenage girl, Susie relates the awful events of her death and her own adjustment to the strange new place she finds herself. It looks a lot like her school playground, with the good kind of swing sets. With love, longing, and a growing understanding, Susie watches her family as they cope with their grief, her father embarks on a search for the killer, her sister undertakes a feat of amazing daring, her little brother builds a fort in her honor and begin the difficult process of healing. In the hands of a brilliant novelist, this story of seemingly unbearable tragedy is transformed into a suspenseful and touching story about family, memory, love, heaven, and living.

First Impression:
I had seen the book many many times. Once I picked up the book and read the summary on the back. It sounded interesting. But it didn't mention anything about heaven and stuff. I started reading the book and I remember Chapter 2 beginning "In my heaven" At that moment I knew I wasn't gonna like this book cause it would talk about God. Not that I have something against it. But I thought the book was going to be boring. Boy was I wrong. Years passed and my little sister bought the book for $1 at a Book Sale. She read it and told me to read it, that I would like it. I read it. And here I am. I read it a while back. But I wanted to write my review.

Characters:
Susie. Wow. Her character is so innocent but she has so much potential. She gets raped and killed in one day and yet when she gets to her heaven, or the 'In-Between' as they call it in the book. She accepts that she got killed. Is like. Life wanted it this way. But she has much more than that. Mr. Harvey's character is like any other murderer in a movie. He kills his victims and hides. Her father, Jack. Has so much potential, potential that a father should have to find out who killed his daughter. Her mother is just a I don't want to say anything cause she pissed me off. Her little brother, Buckley is just adorable. All the characters were written beautifully.

Like/Dislikes:
I liked how Susie watched her family and friends and how they went on with their life. How much she tried to communicate with her family and Ray, her love match at the beginning. I didn't like the ending much. I don't want to type it without giving it away. But all I can say is Mr. Harvery should have paid for what he did.

Final Thoughts:
I would totally read it again! It's just so amazing and breathtaking. It was a little slow at the beginning but then in the middle it picks up and it gets more lovable.

Recommend:
I totally recommend this book to anyone. Even if you think you'll be bored but you won't be! Read it!

Now I can't wait for the movie! And I know Peter Jackson did an amazing job. I know I won't be disappointed!

This was a review by Libiel! Till next time!

"Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

The Lovely Bones :: Comments

No Comment.

The Lovely Bones

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Young Adult Book Club :: Book Life :: Critic's Corner :: Book Reviews :: Libiel's Crazy Reviews-
Jump to: