Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
36%
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
21%
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Share | 

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnimeGirlXXX
Sinking into a beanbag chair with your new book
Sinking into a beanbag chair with your new book

Favorite book genre : Fantasy or super natural books
Currently Reading : prophecy og teh sisters
Favorite Book(s) : Hush, Hush, VA, Ever, blue moon, MI

PostKissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

HOT

KISSED BY AN ANGEL
By ELIZABETH CHANDLER

I read the three in one edition which flowed very well. I did not even know I read all 3 books till I did some research on them. The 3 books flowed like a river as I read, not knowing that it was 3 book in one.
Ivy always believed in angels. When she meets Tristan, it's the love true love. When he dies, her heart is broken and her belief in angels vanishes. And without that belief, she is unable to feel Tristan's presence when he returns--as an angel. Now Ivy is in terrible danger, and Tristan is struggling to save her. How can he protect her if she's lost her faith in angels?

First Impressions:

I just randomly browsed the book shop, like I always do. I don’t look at names and writers for the first ten minutes. What I like to do is just see what cover looks good and what pulls me towards it. I picked up Kissed by an Angle and the one thing that pulled me is the ANGLE. I flipped the book over and started to read what it was about not knowing that I have one of the best, reads up to date, in my hand

Setting:

The setting is present day. It is all happening around 1995. Ivy’s mom gets re-married and she and her brother moves in to a rich suburb. The thing with the setting here is that it takes place at Ivy’s new Home, school, the rain station and then the shopping mall. It is kept simple with out bringing in to much surroundings to confuse you.

My thoughts:

It makes it very clear on the back that Tristan dies, he even dies right at the beginning of the book and I could not think a book should start like that but I kept on reading. The book really begins when you read about Tristan and Ivy falling in love, this it was necessary to get the full picture, YES. You find yourself falling in love with who Tristan is and then his death was repeats later on in the book. I started crying because I had come to love Tristan because he was so caring, loving, free willed and funny. I kept on reading wanting to know why the author had the need to kill him and that is where everything came together. Ivy’s live is in his hand, as it is stated on the back of the book, and he has to save her before it is to late.

This book was amazing and one of the most romantic books I have ever read. The author made this a great mysterious novel with some great comedy added as well so I take my hat off to her.

Main Characters:

Ivy: The books revolve around Ivy, a new girl in school, who falls for the star swimmer, Tristan. She is a caring, head strong young lady but she gets torn when Tristan dies. She does not know how to live life with out him and loses herself and her believe in angles. She is vibrant and a character on her own. She cares to much about others and that may be her down fall. With all this going on she deals with her mother's new marriage, her young brother, and her step-brother Gregory.

Tristan: Who can not love a guy that cares more about you then is own life. He is the hottest guy in school and on top of that, he is the swimming star of the school. He acts like any other guy and is down to earth. He is caring and a giving guy that may be too sweet for some but for me he is perfect. He is one of my most favorite characters up to date. After a horrible car accident kills Tristan, he becomes an angel watching over Ivy.

Other characters:

The one thing is that the books are kind of divided between Tristan and then Ivy. I did not seem to mind reading from either’s point of view. It was rather interesting seeing how each character seas different things.
Its fun to see how every character comes out to some one you hat, love or not sore what to think but one think I know: The author has you changing your mind every step of the way.

Writing Style:

The writing style was fun and interesting. Elizabeth Chandler has you reading effortless. This was one of the most exiting read I have ever read. I did not find myself re reading anything to understand what was going on. The flow of the writing was something ells. I did not even realize that this was 3 books in one. I did not know where the one ended and the next one began (That is a good thing). I felt part of this world and like I knew each character personally. Elizabeth placed the characters in 3rd person and I hate that but I did not mind it at all. To end this of I would just like to say that Elizabeth is a fantastic writer and would read more of her work any day.

Cover:

The cover was the reason I looked at the book. The rose with the falling feathers and pestles drew me in. I had a look at the cover, on the net, for the first editions and did not like it but I am glad that they changed it. The pink and purple rose with the black cover, stood out above all the rest. The cover fits in with the story but I can’t tell you how….

Plot:

The plot was planed well. I could not put the book down and read when ever I had time. I kept on wanting to know what happens next. There are twists and turns you would never think of but you do start to figure things out by yourself. If you follow what you read and you keep an open mind you will start shouting at the book. You want the characters to hear something you know. I found my self shouting: “he/she did it, don’t trust them…. (Not a spoiler)” as I wanted to help Ivy. Just shows you that you create this world and live in it.

What did I not like:

I loved every second reading this book. I only found out after a week that the book was 3 in one and I was disappointed because I wanted to read more of her work.

Hot or Not: Absolutely HOT HOT HOT!

Characters: HOT X 4

Writing: HOT X 5

Covers: HOT X 3

Plot: HOT X 4

Overall: HOT X 5

Should you read it? YES! I recommend this to anyone you loves angles and fiction. It's a great read for every one and it is a love story to the fullest. You will want this kind of love at the end of the day![/size]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler :: Comments

Re: Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
Post on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm by annmarie
i dont really read book like this but i have to say i have read the book and i loved it and i love your review Very Happy
Ah thank you. i also dont read books like that but i loved the cover so i got it and when i read it i fell in love with it:)

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Young Adult Book Club :: Book Life :: Critic's Corner :: Book Reviews :: Izzy's Hot or Not Review's-
Jump to: