Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
36%
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
21%
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Share | 

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostBeastly by Alex Flinn

This is Kyle's Story and how he became Beastly
Beastly
by
Alex Flinn

I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I’m talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It’s no deformity, no disease. And I’ll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I’ll tell you how I became perfectly beastly.

First Impression:
I had actually picked this book a couple of times in my local library. I was always a fan of Disney's Beauty and thr Beast . I read what the book was about. It sounded interesting and all. But then it said that the main character, Kyle, is a rich boy and all. So I thought 'Eh, I don't think so' So I never gave it a chance. Not until I decided to give a chance when my sister, who's the biggest Beauty and the Beast fan I know begged me to read it. No, she did not read it herself but I still read it for. Hey, she's my sister. I checked out the book this past Wednesday night, read 40 pages. Fnished it by Thrusday. And here I am giving my revew.
Characters:
Kyle, he's the one Kendra, the witch, casts the spell on. At the beginning he's way too cocky. Let's just say he was mean to every person he thought was ugly and went to his school because of a scholarship. Kyle was written marvelous just like any person who turns into a beast to learn his lesson. His character was well written and I think Mrs. Flinn put a lot of effort in writing his changes through out the book, it paid off, a lot. Kendra, I don't want to write a lot about her without giving it away a lot. But let's say, she was always good. Lindy or Linda, she's the girl who Kyle falls in love with. I still think Mrs. Flinn should've written her more since we read about her like 2/3 of the book. She was an ok character who could've put a lot of more effort into. She was still lovely, though. Will, he's Kyles or should I say Adrian since Kyle hanges his name after being turned, he is Adrian's tutor, he is blind and sees the good in Adrian. He teaches him a lot. I think he's was my favorite character to read.

Writing Style:
The writting was great, I think she could've improved the whole "I'm a beast, my father doesn't want me for being hideous" . And I think Mrs. Filnn wrote too much on Adrian's pain and such, but it was well written, it's the beast's point of view and everyone can connect with him.

Cover:
I love it. It has everything the story has.

Like/Dislikes:
I disliked his father. And maybe at the beginning when Adrian is an ass to everyone. I liked how Mrs. Flinn used a white rose to symbolize the beast's pain, sorrow, but also the way he changes throughout the book.

Final Thoughts:
I fell in love with Will Fratalli. I love you

Recommend:
Yes I totally recommend the book to anyone who loves/likes the Disney Version of The Beauty and the Beast. But get the beast's point of view.

Ratings:
Characters: * * * *
Writing: * * *
Cover: * * * * *
Overall: * * *

Movie:
The movie was another reason why I read the book. It stars Alex Pettyfer as Kyle/Adrian. Vanessa Hudgens as Lindy, which I'm not really happy to watch. Neil Patrick Harris as Will Fratalli, and Mary-Kate Olsen as Kendra, which I didn't picture her that way. I just think it's different how they made him beastly. But then I thought about it and the vines and all fit well. Read the book and you'll understand. Mostly I'm watching the movie because of Alex Pettyfer. Exclamation
I drool over Alex. Very Happy And I wish there was a longer trailer. Rolling Eyes

This was a review by Libiel! Till next time!

"Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Beastly by Alex Flinn :: Comments

Re: Beastly by Alex Flinn
Post on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:10 am by annmarie
love the review i also like the sound of the book i think this would be a book i could really get into Smile
Post on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:25 pm by LibielShadow
Thank You. Everyone will love this book.
Is just amazing. Very Happy
Post  by Sponsored content

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Young Adult Book Club :: Book Life :: Critic's Corner :: Book Reviews :: Libiel's Crazy Reviews-
Jump to: