Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
36%
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
14%
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
21%
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Share | 

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Cassandra's prequels to The Mortal Instruments!

The Clockwork Angel

amazing cover!

Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What’s more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length . . . everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. . . . and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

"Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again"

Last edited by LibielShadow on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:01 pm

No one! Shocked

"Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
little_miss_bookworm
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book

Favorite book genre : Fantasy
Currently Reading : Captivate by Carrie Jones
Favorite Book(s) : Hush Hush or Fallen - I can't decide!!

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 am

Wooooop! I can't wait to read this one! Very exciting stuff Magnus is ment to be in this one as well isn't he?? I love Magnus!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
little_miss_bookworm
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:58 am

Ok also now very disappointed seeing as it's not out until August I thought it was out sooner but that was something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Magnus is the best! Love him!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Cover is up!
I LOVE it!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
little_miss_bookworm
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Wow! love the cover!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 pm

I love it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

Favorite book genre : horror and ficton
Currently Reading : witchfinder dawn of the demontide by william hussey
Favorite Book(s) : darkest power series morganville vampires house of night

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:31 am

the cover is amazing but the wait for the book is going to kill me i love magnus his so funny Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
little_miss_bookworm
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:41 am

Yep, me too. And then after Clockwork Angel comes out I'll have to wait another 6 months for The Next Mortal Instruments one (City of Fallen Angels). Its not out until March 2011! I hate all this waiting about but I bet it's worth it. Clockwork Angel looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah. Not only that.
But when the paperback of City of Glass comes out it will include an
excerpt from City of Fallen Angels!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
little_miss_bookworm
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Really???? Eeeeeeeep! Even more excited now! Thanks LibielShadow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Welcome!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
s3l1
Bookless
Bookless

Favorite book genre : romance, fiction and mystery
Favorite Book(s) : Fallen, twilight saga, the hunger games, the mortal instruments

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:35 pm

sounds good, i read the mortal instruments
and i going to read this one too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
little_miss_bookworm
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:46 am

Finally got it and loved it!!!
Cassandra Clare has yet again created such a rich world with complex deep characters. I'm looking forward to seeing how Tessa evolves. Will is a brilliant character and in my own opinion perhaps a little bit darker than Jace, but very similar in other ways. The sarcasm has me in stitches Razz

Spoiler:

But apart from that one tiny little thing I didn't like, the rest was fantastic and I've already re-read it three times! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders

Favorite book genre : horror and ficton
Currently Reading : witchfinder dawn of the demontide by william hussey
Favorite Book(s) : darkest power series morganville vampires house of night

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:57 pm

i loved this book it was amazing Smile

Spoiler:

i dont have to out run the zombies i just have to out run you !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare   

Back to top Go down

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Young Adult Book Club :: The Library :: Books-
Jump to: